JAMAICA: McConnell promoted at Wray & Nephew
Rum producer J Wray & Nephew has appointed David McConnell as managing director of the company's global marketing division.
McConnell will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the company's brands, which include Appleton Estate and Wray & Nephew white overproof rum.
Prior to his appointment McConnell was general manager of Wray & Nephew's international division.
The company is renowned for its range of Jamaican rums and sells over 1m cases of flagship brand Appleton. The brand's key markets are Mexico, Canada, the US and the UK.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
The market for fairtrade wine is increasing as more wineries in countries such as Chile, Argentina and South Africa gain fairtrade certification. However, writes Monica Dobie, the market for fairtrade...
V&S Group has reported double digit growth in both operating profit and profit after tax in its first quarter, despite a fall in net sales, which were hit by exchange rate fluctuations...
Belvédère has completed its purchase of Florida Distillers Company from V&S Group....
Havana Club International has launched two new websites to attract consumers to the Cuban lifestyle....
Castle Brands has launched a website for its flagship Boru Vodka brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced a revamp of its Gilbey's vodka and Ronrico rum brands in the US....
Castle Brands has posted a healthy lift in sales volumes for the last quarter of its fiscal year....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down