USA: MBC Holding Company Announces Strong Second Quarter Results
MBC Holding Company (Nasdaq Small Cap Market symbol: MBRW) (formerly known as Minnesota Brewing Company) today announced results of operations for the second quarter of 2000, which resulted a 300 percent increase in earnings-per-share and a 96.4 percent increase in net sales for the quarter compared to last year.Net sales for its second quarter ended June 30, 2000, were $8,508,739, an increase of 96.4% from net sales of $4,332,550 in the second quarter of 1999. For six month period ending on June 30, 2000 the Company had net sales of $13,943,239, which is an increase of 82.8% from net sales of $7,627,692 for the same period in 1999. The Company reported net income of $513,770 or $0.12 per share in the 2000 second quarter compared to net income of $131,410 or $0.04 per share for the same period in 1999. Net income for the six month period ending on June 30, 2000 was $588,408 or $.13 per share versus a net loss of $260,302 or ($.07) per share for the same period of the prior year."I am extremely pleased with the strength of our 2nd quarter numbers," said Jack Lee, Chief Executive Officer for MBC Holding Company. "We saw strong growth in export sales, expanded contract brewing operations and enhanced cost cutting measures that are the result of agreements with Gopher State Ethanol. The combination of these factors produced these results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research