UK: Maxxium unveils Courvoisier push to attract 'young and restless'
Click through to view a logo for the campaign
The UK unit of Maxxium has revealed details of a major new campaign for Courvoisier in a bid to attract younger drinkers from other spirit categories.
The three-year initiative, which centres around the Beam Inc-owned brand's first UK ad campaign for two years, will include online and print advertising, as well as event sponsorships and in-store and in-bar activity. Maxxium's target consumer is a group it has branded the “young and restless” - around 1.7m 25-44 year-olds living in London and the south-east of England.
Under the strapline "Here's to Now", the campaign is aiming to link the brand with the concept of 'living in the moment'. It will initially launch in the UK, then roll out across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
At a launch event in central London last night (3 October), Chris Anderson, Maxxium's luxury brands marketing controller, admitted the Cognac category has faced “challenges” in the UK. “It's been seen as a drink for the elite and inaccessbile,” he said.
But he said the new initiative is designed to help Courvoisier “transcend the Cognac category”. He added: “We don't expect an overnight change”. Courvoisier currently has a 62.3% share of the UK Cognac market.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
Maxxium is the sales, distribution and marketing joint venture owned by Beam and Edrington.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research