UK: Maxxium unveils Courvoisier push to attract 'young and restless'
Click through to view a logo for the campaign
The UK unit of Maxxium has revealed details of a major new campaign for Courvoisier in a bid to attract younger drinkers from other spirit categories.
The three-year initiative, which centres around the Beam Inc-owned brand's first UK ad campaign for two years, will include online and print advertising, as well as event sponsorships and in-store and in-bar activity. Maxxium's target consumer is a group it has branded the “young and restless” - around 1.7m 25-44 year-olds living in London and the south-east of England.
Under the strapline "Here's to Now", the campaign is aiming to link the brand with the concept of 'living in the moment'. It will initially launch in the UK, then roll out across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
At a launch event in central London last night (3 October), Chris Anderson, Maxxium's luxury brands marketing controller, admitted the Cognac category has faced “challenges” in the UK. “It's been seen as a drink for the elite and inaccessbile,” he said.
But he said the new initiative is designed to help Courvoisier “transcend the Cognac category”. He added: “We don't expect an overnight change”. Courvoisier currently has a 62.3% share of the UK Cognac market.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
Maxxium is the sales, distribution and marketing joint venture owned by Beam and Edrington.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
In the first of a new “on-trend” series, just-drinks dives a little deeper than usual into this trend-in-flux. In this mini-report, we look at recent vodka flavour consumption volume, focusing on the ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019