UK: Maxxium unveils Courvoisier push to attract 'young and restless'
Click through to view a logo for the campaign
The UK unit of Maxxium has revealed details of a major new campaign for Courvoisier in a bid to attract younger drinkers from other spirit categories.
The three-year initiative, which centres around the Beam Inc-owned brand's first UK ad campaign for two years, will include online and print advertising, as well as event sponsorships and in-store and in-bar activity. Maxxium's target consumer is a group it has branded the “young and restless” - around 1.7m 25-44 year-olds living in London and the south-east of England.
Under the strapline "Here's to Now", the campaign is aiming to link the brand with the concept of 'living in the moment'. It will initially launch in the UK, then roll out across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
At a launch event in central London last night (3 October), Chris Anderson, Maxxium's luxury brands marketing controller, admitted the Cognac category has faced “challenges” in the UK. “It's been seen as a drink for the elite and inaccessbile,” he said.
But he said the new initiative is designed to help Courvoisier “transcend the Cognac category”. He added: “We don't expect an overnight change”. Courvoisier currently has a 62.3% share of the UK Cognac market.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
Maxxium is the sales, distribution and marketing joint venture owned by Beam and Edrington.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US