UK: Maxxium unveils Courvoisier push to attract 'young and restless'
Click through to view a logo for the campaign
The UK unit of Maxxium has revealed details of a major new campaign for Courvoisier in a bid to attract younger drinkers from other spirit categories.
The three-year initiative, which centres around the Beam Inc-owned brand's first UK ad campaign for two years, will include online and print advertising, as well as event sponsorships and in-store and in-bar activity. Maxxium's target consumer is a group it has branded the “young and restless” - around 1.7m 25-44 year-olds living in London and the south-east of England.
Under the strapline "Here's to Now", the campaign is aiming to link the brand with the concept of 'living in the moment'. It will initially launch in the UK, then roll out across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
At a launch event in central London last night (3 October), Chris Anderson, Maxxium's luxury brands marketing controller, admitted the Cognac category has faced “challenges” in the UK. “It's been seen as a drink for the elite and inaccessbile,” he said.
But he said the new initiative is designed to help Courvoisier “transcend the Cognac category”. He added: “We don't expect an overnight change”. Courvoisier currently has a 62.3% share of the UK Cognac market.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
Maxxium is the sales, distribution and marketing joint venture owned by Beam and Edrington.
As the Scotch whisky industry appears to expand with gay abandon, Ian Buxton takes a look up the supply chain and asks if there's enough wood in them thar hills to hold the stuff....
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during February 2014....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research