Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
Maxxium is losing its Travel Retail arm
Maxxium's UK managing director is to move to Edrington as the joint-venture terminates its Travel Retail unit.
Huw Pennell, who has led the UK arm of the Edrington and Beam Suntory JV for ten years, will become Edrington's European regional manager director effective 1 April. An announcement on his successor will be made “in due course”, Maxxium said.
Pennell will fill his newly-created post on the same day Maxxium Travel Retail comes to an end after Edrington and Beam Suntory decided to go it alone in the channel.
Beam Suntory created the role of global Travel Retail (GTR) MD in October while Edrington set about forming a GTR unit in July.
Beam Suntory and brand partner 50 Cent have released a limited edition Effen Vodka bottle, which features a textured American football sleeve, 50 Cent's golden stamp of approval, his signature and log...
In 2015, the global whiskey market was the third largest segment and also the fastest growing segment in the global spirits market and is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% between 2016 and 2...
The former CEO of Morrison Bowmore Distillers has joined The Last Drop Distillers as board director. ...
Pernod Ricard has released a limited edition bottle for its Martell VS Cognac in the UK off-trade....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020