UK: Maxxium UK formally appoints MD
Maxxium UK has formally appointed industry veteran Huw Pennell as managing director.
The company said yesterday (7 February) that Pennell would assume the position with immediate effect. Pennell, 44, has been acting MD since August last year.
"The spirits category has been at the forefront of the so-called 'premiumisation' of the drinks industry - meeting consumer demands for higher quality products," Pennell said.
"Maxxium's portfolio is the envy of the industry, and we are perfectly positioned to capitalise on that growth in demand. I will continue to place quality at the heart of our strategy, and focus on providing the highest standards of customer service in the business."
Stirling-based Pennell will report to Richard White, executive board director of Maxxium Worldwide in Amsterdam.
Maxxium is equally controlled by Rémy Cointreau, The Edrington Group, Beam Global Spirits & wine and V&S Group.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has revealed plans to enter into a strategic alliance with Remy Cointreau....
Coverage of Remy Cointreau has been initiated by Citigroup Smith Barney....
Remy Cointreau has officially opened its new logistics centre in Angers, western France....
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review