UK: Maxxium trials The Famous Grouse pre-mix in on-trade
Click through to see The Ginger Grouse
The sales and marketing company, which is a joint venture between Edrington and Beam Global Spirits & Wine, confirmed earlier today (4 March) that the trial of 'The Ginger Grouse' began this week in nine bars in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and is “part of a new drive to widen the appeal of whisky to both male and female audiences”.
The participating bars have been supplied with a branded bar tap as well as glasses and test kegs that have been designed specifically for the five-week run.
“This is an innovation which allows us … to see The Famous Grouse displayed and served from the front of bar,” said Jim Grierson, Maxxium UK's on-trade sales director. “By using existing dispense technology we are making this as convenient as possible for the on-trade to introduce, and we look forward to receiving feedback from the bars involved in the trial in April.”
The bars trialing the pre-mix are:
- Tiki Bar and Kitsch Inn - 214 Bath St, Glasgow
- Campus - 396 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
- Iron Horse - 115 West Nile Street, Glasgow
- The Horse Shoe Bar - 19 Drury Street, Glasgow
- Parkville - 296 Glasgow Road, Blantyre
- Log Cabin - 32-34 Bredisholm Road, Baillieston, Glasgow
- KoKo - 32-34 Potterrow Newington Edinburgh
- The Thistle Street Bar - 39 Thistle Street, Edinburgh
- Mathers - Queensferry St, Edinburgh
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD