UK: Maxxium to remain Bols distributor
Maxxium UK has confirmed that it will remain the distributor for the former Rémy Cointreau Dutch spirits business Bols.
Rémy last week sold a slew of Dutch brands including Bols liqueurs to one of its former executives, Huub van Doorne, and ABN AMRO Capital, the private equity arm of Dutch bank ABN AMRO.
Maxxium UK said today (13 March) that its distribution agreement remained in place.
Managing director Huw Pennell said: "We have worked with Huub van Doorne at Rémy Cointreau for a number of years, and we're delighted that the brands will continue to benefit from his guidance and expertise as they return to their Amsterdam home.
"Huub led the strategic repositioning of the Bols brand, and this has been central to Maxxium UK's leading work on cocktails."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits