UK: Maxxium to remain Bols distributor
Maxxium UK has confirmed that it will remain the distributor for the former Rémy Cointreau Dutch spirits business Bols.
Rémy last week sold a slew of Dutch brands including Bols liqueurs to one of its former executives, Huub van Doorne, and ABN AMRO Capital, the private equity arm of Dutch bank ABN AMRO.
Maxxium UK said today (13 March) that its distribution agreement remained in place.
Managing director Huw Pennell said: "We have worked with Huub van Doorne at Rémy Cointreau for a number of years, and we're delighted that the brands will continue to benefit from his guidance and expertise as they return to their Amsterdam home.
"Huub led the strategic repositioning of the Bols brand, and this has been central to Maxxium UK's leading work on cocktails."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team