UK: Maxxium to launch Maker's Mark promo
Maxxium said today (20 August) it will work with premium bars in London and the coastal town of Brighton to raise the profile of Maker's Mark.
Its campaign, entitled 'Wax Lyrical', is a play on the Bourbon's signature red wax-tipped bottle and is part of Maxxium UK's GBP500,000 marketing push on Maker's Mark this year.
Maker's Mark owner Beam Global Spirits & Wine is keen to increase sales of the premium brand outside of its US homeland.
As part of the UK campaign, several bars will showcase wax carvings and sculptures, as well as Maker's Mark barrels. The brand will also support Brighton's Beachdown Festival. Maker's Mark cocktails will also be served at London's Serpentine Gallery Park Nights throughout August and September, and at the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in October, emphasising the brand's premium credentials.
Maker's Mark brand manager at Maxxium, Lee Walker, said: "Maker's Mark is a hand-crafted spirit which stands out from other bourbons with its iconic red wax, the result of hand-dipping every bottle. Our target consumer enjoys these original qualities in the same way they enjoy original events such as the Serpentine Gallery Park Nights and Beachdown festival."
Maker's Mark assistant master distiller, Dennis Potter, told just-drinks in March that Beam aimed to double exports of the brand in 2009.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research