UK: Maxxium to launch Maker's Mark promo
Maxxium said today (20 August) it will work with premium bars in London and the coastal town of Brighton to raise the profile of Maker's Mark.
Its campaign, entitled 'Wax Lyrical', is a play on the Bourbon's signature red wax-tipped bottle and is part of Maxxium UK's GBP500,000 marketing push on Maker's Mark this year.
Maker's Mark owner Beam Global Spirits & Wine is keen to increase sales of the premium brand outside of its US homeland.
As part of the UK campaign, several bars will showcase wax carvings and sculptures, as well as Maker's Mark barrels. The brand will also support Brighton's Beachdown Festival. Maker's Mark cocktails will also be served at London's Serpentine Gallery Park Nights throughout August and September, and at the Frieze Art Fair in Regent's Park in October, emphasising the brand's premium credentials.
Maker's Mark brand manager at Maxxium, Lee Walker, said: "Maker's Mark is a hand-crafted spirit which stands out from other bourbons with its iconic red wax, the result of hand-dipping every bottle. Our target consumer enjoys these original qualities in the same way they enjoy original events such as the Serpentine Gallery Park Nights and Beachdown festival."
Maker's Mark assistant master distiller, Dennis Potter, told just-drinks in March that Beam aimed to double exports of the brand in 2009.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research