UK: Maxxium to give Snow Leopard vodka distribution boost
Click through to view an image of Snow Leopard
Launched in 2006, Snow Leopard was acquired by Edrington, which has a 50% stake in Maxxium, for an undisclosed sum in January this year. The brand was owned by Simon Sparrow, a former global VP at Allied Domecq.
When owned by Sparrow, Snow Leopard was distributed by Whyte & Mackay, but that agreement had ended by the time Edrington bought it, just-drinks understands.
The 40% abv vodka is hand-crafted in small batches through a six-stage distillation process at the Polmos Lublin distillery in Poland.
Maxxium UK managing director, Huw Pennell described the brand as a "perfect strategic fit" for Maxxium UK. "The success of our luxury portfolio has been a key driver for us and the opportunity continues to grow,” he added.
Fifteen percent of profits from sales of the brand are donated to the Snow Leopard Trust, which works to protect the endangered snow leopard.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
As one would expect, yesterday's news that Remy Cointreau's CEO, Frederic Pflanz, has stepped down after just three months in the role hit the French company's share price this morning....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview