UK: Maxxium to distribute Cutty Sark
Cutty Sark finds berth at Maxxium UK
The Edrington Group has confirmed that its newly-acquired Cutty Sark Scotch whisky brand will be distributed by in the UK by Maxxium.
Edrington Group announced in February that it had repurchased Cutty Sark, a premium blended Scotch, from Berry Bros & Rudd for an undisclosed fee.
The group will take over distribution of Cutty Sark in the UK from Inspirit Brands on 17 May.
"The addition of Cutty Sark premium whiskies to our portfolio will further enhance Maxxium’s position as a leading distributor of Scotch whisky," said Huw Pennell, managing director of Maxxium UK, which already handles Scotch brands including The Famous Grouse, Teacher’s, The Macallan and Laphroaig.
Maxxium UK is the sales and distribution alliance for Edrington Group and Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
International spirits brands upped their dominance of the travel retail channel last, according to recent research....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research