UK: Maxxium targets Six Nations for Famous Grouse push
Maxxium, which handles the marketing and distribution of The Edrington Group-owned Scotch whisky brand, said yesterday (29 January) that it will open a marquee, known as The Famous Grouse Stadium, at Scotland's Murrayfield stadium for the home internationals against Wales on 8 February and Ireland on 14 March.
A complimentary serve of the brand will be offered to all adult fans at the two games as they enter the marquee. Free beanie hats will also be handed out to the first 1,500 entrants, along with a leaflet detailing rugby bars in Edinburgh.
Brand extension The Black Grouse, launched in the UK last June, will be the subject of a mobile sampling bar at Scotland's other home game in the Six Nations, against Italy on 28 February.
"This is the 18th year that The Famous Grouse has backed Scottish rugby," said Maxxium UK's brand manager for The Famous Grouse, Lee Walker. "We are extremely proud of our association with the national rugby team."
In 2007, The Edrington Group pulled its shirt sponsorship deal with the Scottish national rugby team, but signed a new agreement to become the 'Official Spirit' partner of Scottish rugby.
Fortune Brands is to increase spending behind key spirits brands in the second half of 2009, following a "solid" performance across much of its portfolio in the last six months....
Shrinking demand for Champagne in the economic downturn has seen Rémy Cointreau report net sales down 7.5% for the first three months of its fiscal year....
The Edrington Group's master blender, John Ramsay, is to retire, the Scotch whisky group has announced....
The Black Grouse Scotch whisky, owned by Edrington Group and distributed by Maxxium UK, has received a packaging revamp following its launch last year....
The Edrington Group has reported a 44% rise in net sales and a 30% leap in pre-tax profits for its fiscal full-year....
Maxxium has lined up the launch of two Brugal rum variants exclusively for the travel retail channel in Spain....
The Edrington Group has extended the sponsorship by its The Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand for Scottish Rugby....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is launching Tres Generaciones Tequila in the UK, a super premium extension to its Sauza brand....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research