NETHERLANDS: Maxxium takes over Beam Global distribution
Maxxium Nederland will handle more Beam Global brands
Maxxium has assumed distribution control of several Beam Global Spirits & Wine brands in the Netherlands.
The Dutch entity, a joint-venture between Lucas Bols and The Edrington Group, confirmed yesterday (17 March) that it will distribute “selected premium brands” from the Beam Global portfolio, including Teacher’s, Laphroaig, Ardmore and Larios Gin in The Netherlands from 1 July.
The brands had previously been handled in the Netherlands by A Brand New Day. “Beam Global decided to move the brands to Maxxium Nederland, which is currently already distributing other Beam Global brands like Jim Beam, Maker's Mark and Sauza,” a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Thomas Clamens, Maxxium Nederland's managing director, added: "The addition of these brands reinforces Maxxium Nederland's portfolio and will strengthen its position in the whisky and gin categories, increasing our coverage in consumer taste profile and drinking occasions.”
Maxxium in its current incarnation came to be after the departure of former partners Remy Cointreau and Vin & Sprit, last year.
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine in Europe has warned of a potential brand drain from the UK spirits market unless the industry can work together to improve its profitability....
Maxxium UK has lined up an on-trade campaign for the Edrington Group's Famous Grouse Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad