UK: Maxxium signs Matthew Clark deal
The drinks distribution company Maxxium has signed an exclusive UK on-trade distribution agreement with Matthew Clark for its premium Piper-Heidsieck Champagne portfolio.
The deal will see Matthew Clark, through its wholesale business, represent the Piper-Heidsieck portfolio in the on-trade.
Maxxium UK managing director Justin Adams said: "This new relationship will allow us to capitalise on Piper's success. Our brand development team will continue to build the profile of Piper in the on-trade, while Matthew Clark's premium wine experience will extend its reach and create new opportunities for the entire Piper range.
"We will be working together to ensure a smooth transfer for our customers," he concluded.
Dan Townsend, managing director for Matthew Clark Wholesale commented: "We have the most significant wine portfolio available in the UK, and we are delighted to have joined with Maxxium to extend and develop the Piper-Heidsieck brand in the on-trade."
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018