UK: Maxxium signs Matthew Clark deal
The drinks distribution company Maxxium has signed an exclusive UK on-trade distribution agreement with Matthew Clark for its premium Piper-Heidsieck Champagne portfolio.
The deal will see Matthew Clark, through its wholesale business, represent the Piper-Heidsieck portfolio in the on-trade.
Maxxium UK managing director Justin Adams said: "This new relationship will allow us to capitalise on Piper's success. Our brand development team will continue to build the profile of Piper in the on-trade, while Matthew Clark's premium wine experience will extend its reach and create new opportunities for the entire Piper range.
"We will be working together to ensure a smooth transfer for our customers," he concluded.
Dan Townsend, managing director for Matthew Clark Wholesale commented: "We have the most significant wine portfolio available in the UK, and we are delighted to have joined with Maxxium to extend and develop the Piper-Heidsieck brand in the on-trade."
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research