UK: Maxxium renews Famous Grouse's rugby ties
Maxxium is the UK distributor for Famous Grouse
The "six-figure" deal sees Edrington Group-owned Famous Grouse become the national team's official spirit brand, with its latest innovation, Ginger Grouse leading the activity, Maxxium said yesterday (16 January). Ginger Grouse, an alcoholic ginger beer, was launched in Scotland in September and will roll out across the UK this April, Maxxium said.
The Famous Grouse has been a sponsor of Scottish rugby since 1990.
“It is appropriate that Ginger Grouse takes a lead on this new sponsorship package, as it was during our first partnership with Scottish Rugby that Famous Grouse served with ginger beer first became popular,” Maxxium's marketing director Peter Sandstrom said.
Edrington runs Maxxium UK in partnership with Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Quintessential Brands may not be a name familiar to many. But the burgeoning spirits group, owner of G&J Greenall, and backed by former Grupo Campari CEO Enzo Visone, has ambitious global plans. Here,...
Edrington has hailed a strong full-year performance despite a GBP274.8m (US$418.4m) write-down of its Brugal rum brand that pushed profits into the red....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman