UK: Maxxium renews Famous Grouse's rugby ties
Maxxium is the UK distributor for Famous Grouse
The "six-figure" deal sees Edrington Group-owned Famous Grouse become the national team's official spirit brand, with its latest innovation, Ginger Grouse leading the activity, Maxxium said yesterday (16 January). Ginger Grouse, an alcoholic ginger beer, was launched in Scotland in September and will roll out across the UK this April, Maxxium said.
The Famous Grouse has been a sponsor of Scottish rugby since 1990.
“It is appropriate that Ginger Grouse takes a lead on this new sponsorship package, as it was during our first partnership with Scottish Rugby that Famous Grouse served with ginger beer first became popular,” Maxxium's marketing director Peter Sandstrom said.
Edrington runs Maxxium UK in partnership with Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Quintessential Brands may not be a name familiar to many. But the burgeoning spirits group, owner of G&J Greenall, and backed by former Grupo Campari CEO Enzo Visone, has ambitious global plans. Here,...
Edrington has hailed a strong full-year performance despite a GBP274.8m (US$418.4m) write-down of its Brugal rum brand that pushed profits into the red....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk