UK: Maxxium releases limited edition Famous Grouse
Maxxium UK, which handles the distribution of the Edrington-owned brand in the country, said today (24 September) that the limited bottling will be available in Asda and Makro supermarkets from this month.
Maxxium hopes that the limited edition pack will dispel the myth that blended Scotch is an old-fashioned spirit to be drunk straight on the rocks. The new shrink wrap features the Grouse emblem and the brands familiar red font. The white packaging also includes some alternative serving suggestions for consumers to try at home.
"This new packaging initiative is just the latest step to attract a new and younger audience to the brand and the category," said Lee Walker, Maxxium UK's brand manager for The Famous Grouse. "The eye catching white packaging ensures product stand out and is a simple and effective way of communicating a new message to consumers - explore and have fun with The Famous Grouse."
The bottle will retail at around GBP13.29 (US$26.87).
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Italian wines and spirits group Campari is considering a capital increase to fund a major acquisition, and feels the privatisation of V&S Group could provide it with possible acquisition targets, acco...
Maxxium has lined up the latest flavour addition for Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand for the travel retail sector....
Maxxium has announced two appointments to its global travel retail team in the Nordic region....
Sweden's largest private wine and spirits importer Fondberg & Co. has set up a new Nordic travel-retail division....
Vin & Sprit's Plymouth Gin brand's Black Friars Distillery was rescued from destruction last week after a fire broke out in the restaurant on the first floor of the building....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Edrington Group has acquired a majority shareholding in Brugal Co, in a move that expands the Scotch whisky company's offering into the rum category....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research