GLOBAL: Maxxium prepares Absolut Mango for travel retail
The distribution and marketing company, of which V&S is a member, said today (10 March) that Absolut Mango will be launched in global travel retail next month.
The launch, set to be unveiled at the Duty Free Show of the Americas in Fort Lauderdale next month, follows the Absolut Mango première in Brazil last month.
Tasting bars, branded retail spaces, personalised displays to suit the region and promotional staff will all be utilised in the travel retail launch, starting in London, Paris, Rome and Milan. By May, the promotion will be running in New York JFK, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Hawaii, extending across the US and into Mexico, Panama, Puerto Rico and Canada the month after.
The choice of duty free and travel retail as the launchpad for Absolut Mango is attributed to the "tremendous success" of previous promotions for Absolut Pears, Absolut 100, Absolut Bling Bling and Absolut Disco, Maxxium added.
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Beam Global Wine & Spirits has finished a busy week trumpeting the opportunity to cease back "full and clear control" of its various businesses....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Rémy Cointreau has used the Maxxium venture to launch a vintage Champagne range in the UK market, targeted at the luxury drinks category....
Global Brands has added a new flavour to its VK Vodka Kick range in the UK....
Pernod Ricard is to take its newly-acquired Vin & Sprit brands, including Absolut vodka, out of the Maxxium Worldwide network next month, prompting a global re-organisation of the distribution venture...
Fortune Brands has confirmed that it is not interested in the Stolichnaya vodka brand....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages