GLOBAL: Maxxium posts record mid-year results
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results.
The drinks distribution joint venture said today (2 November) that, for the first six months of the financial year, it has seen net sales reach EUR1bn (US$1.45bn), a rise of 7.4% compared to the same time last year.
Maxxium, jointly owned by Beam Global Spirits & Wine, Remy-Cointreau, The Edrington Group and Vin & Sprit, also delivered a 10.6% rise in organic growth on its core brands, such as Absolut Vodka, Jim Beam and Sauza Tequila, driven by strong performances across all markets and in particular by the duty free/travel retail business.
Maxxium Worldwide CEO Ben van Doesburgh said: "We are delighted to see that our vision (being more effective and more efficient in building superior presence for our brands) continues to deliver on our track record of strong results. As we go into our strongest trading period of the year, I am confident that we will continue to deliver on our objectives."
It’s been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Fortune Brands' Beam Global Spirits & Wine appeared to be perfectly placed to swoop for Vin & Sprit, but yesterday's announcement that Pernod Ricard had won the Swedish company's hand surprised most o...
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Fortune Brands has posted sliding sales and operating income for its first quarter, as the poor economic climate in the US hit home product sales....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has said the company has "a lot of dry powder", and will consider other acquisitions following its failure to capture Vin & Sprit earlier this month....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research