UK: Maxxium places £1m behind Cointreau push
The marketing drive is designed to "re-engage" with core consumers of the brand, the company said in a statement.
The deal incorporates radio advertising, using a contemporary interpretation of the classic Cointreau campaign from the 1970's and 1980's - a theme based on the evolving relationship between a Frenchman and Englishwoman. Cointreau will also feature prominently in the various editions of the Classic FM magazine as well as via their highly popular website www.classicfm.co.uk.
The liqueur brand has also signed a deal with The Independent newspaper, which will result in branding within the Information Guide which appears free in Saturday's paper. The branding will continue throughout July and August with tactical advertising and advertorial strips appearing in the classical music and going out sections of the information guide.
In addition to this, Cointreau will sponsor the evening concerts on Classic FM taking place around the country from July to December 2003, for a second consecutive year.
Maxxium UK senior marketing manager for Cointreau, Phil McLaughlin said: "Our emphasis over the past year has been focussing on re-engaging with core consumers rather than pursuing a strategy of recruiting younger drinkers. As a result we have significantly increased our spending in this area, reinvesting in our partnership with Classic FM and forming a new one with the Independent."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Remy Cointreau is looking to restructure its Champagne business, according to local reports....
Remy Cointreau has had its investor rating raised....
Remy Cointreau has posted a drop in full year net profit in spite of increasing revenues....
Remy Cointreau has signed a five-year credit facility for around €500m....
Remy Cointreau has gone to holders of one of its bonds to gain permission to complete the sale of its stake in Bols....
Remy Cointreau has posted a slight rise in revenue growth for fiscal year 2005....
The Polish unit of Remy Cointreau has pulled out of the race for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends