UK: Maxxium names S&N man in marketing role
Maxxium UK has appointed Scottish & Newcastle's international marketing manager Peter Mooney to fill its top marketing post.
Mooney, 37, will take the role as Maxxium UK's marketing director on 14 August. He succeeds Huw Pennell, who became the managing director of Maxxium UK earlier this year.
He said: "I now look forward to driving further growth for the best portfolio of premium spirits and Champagnes in the business."
Pennell added: "Quality is at the heart of our marketing strategy and Peter is undoubtedly a quality operator."
Meanwhile, Martin Price, who has served as acting marketing director since early this year, has been appointed to the same position at the company's German arm, Maxxium Deutschland.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Diageo is targeting Absolut vodka in India with the launch of a "super-premium" Smirnoff variant next month....
Belgian beer maker Alken-Maes is to close one of its breweries, according to local reports....
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
Rémy Cointreau has posted its figures for the first nine months of its financial year....
Pubs in France have stopped selling Guinness in protest at the high selling prices of the iconic stout across the Channel and the lack of support from its distributor....
The deputy chairman of UK brewer Young & Co's is to retire....
Scottish & Newcastle UK has sold off the production, marketing and sales rights to its Courage portfolio of ale brands....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research