UK: Maxxium launches Sourz campaign
Maxxium UK has launched a new marketing campaign to re-position the Sourz brand as a spirit for cocktails.
The campaign, which is named "Add Some Zing" and begins this month, forms part of Maxxium's GBP4m (US$7m) investment in Sourz in 2008. It follows the launch of a blackcurrant variety and a new bottle design earlier this summer.
Focal points of the promotion will be "Zing City" club nights, to be held at Glasgow, Liverpool, Bristol and Manchester this month and targeted at the brand's core market of 21-35 year olds. Consumers purchasing Sourz bottles will have a chance to win tickets.
Sales of Sourz passed the 200,000-case threshold in June this year, up 39 per cent year-on-year, according to Maxxium, which distributes the brand on behalf of Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
Lee Willett, brand manager for Beam Global UK, told journalists in July that Sourz had become a "massive powerhouse" for the group.
The firm is keen to present Sourz as a mixable spirit, rather than as a straight shooter. It will push recommendations, such as Sourz Apple and cranberry or Sourz Blackcurrant and lemonade, as part of its new marketing drive.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to double exports of its Maker's Mark Bourbon this year, as part of a strategy to reduce its reliance on the US market....
Whyte & Mackay has appointed a new CEO. The Scotch whisky firm, which was bought by India's UB Group in 2007, said today (24 March) that John Beard started in the new position yesterday, replacing Ash...
Foster's has appointed Pernod Ricard USA's general manager for wine and Champagne, Stephen Brauer, as its new managing director of Foster's Americas....
The Edrington Group has announced plans to create two separate sales and distribution teams for South Korea and Taiwan, as part of the Scotch whisky firm's role in the reorganisation of the Maxxium v...
Beam Global is backing its Teacher's Scotch whisky with a GBP1.5m ad spend in the UK this year, and is set to a fresh on-pack offer to create more interest in the brand....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) has released new guidance for drinks companies in the region, covering marketing on the Internet, as well as digital and mobile communications....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015