UK: Maxxium drops tall bottles for Galliano liqueur
Maxxium UK's Galliano liqueur brand
The UK arm of Maxxium has lined up a revamp of the Galliano Famiglia liqueur range in the country.
The sales and marketing company said today (31 August) that it will replace Galliano's current 70cl bottles in the UK with a 50cl format within the next year. The bottle shape will remain the same, with the tall 70cl bottles remaining available solely for display purposes.
“This change will be better for our customers,” said Galliano's global brand ambassador, Agostino Perrone. “Galliano will fit more easily in speed rails and on the back-bar.”
At the same time, brand variant Galliano Vanilla will be re-launched into the mainstream on-trade and given a new look to distinguish it from the flagship variant, Galliano L’Autentico, from next month. Galliano Ristretto, an Italian coffee liqueur launched in 2009, will also reduce its abv from 42.3% to 30%.
The range is completed by Galliano Balsamico, a liqueur launched in 2009 that imitates the flavour of balsamic vinegar.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends