UK: Maxxium brings “Absolut Summer” to UK market
Absolut Summer follows on from previous global gift packs Absolut Bling and Absolut Disco and has been designed using white plastic decorated with butterflies.
We're delighted to launch this as the first ever UK-specific Absolut Vodka gift pack," said Linda Phillips, brand manager for Absolut Vodka at Maxxium UK.
Absolut Summer will be available from August, through branches of Sainsbury's.
In addition Absolut Vodka is launching two limited edition cocktail shakers to encase bottles of Absolut Raspberri or Pears. They will be available from July, and will be sold through selected branches of Asda and Morrisons with an RRP of GBP14.99.
Earlier this month Maxxium announced plans to invest GBP4m (US$7.9m) to reposition Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Sourz brand in the UK as a "modern mixable spirit" and broaden its appeal amongst target consumers. The re-launch includes new-look packaging, a new flavour and a campaign entitled 'add some zing'.
Constellation Brands posted a 30% drop in third-quarter net income this week and lowered its profit outlook, hit by the effects of the global downturn on its major markets. Michelle Russell assesses r...
The economic downturn signals further bad news for the still wine sector, which has already seen contraction in established markets. However, Rob Walker, senior drinks analyst at Euromonitor Internati...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Wine, beer and spirits sectors in the UK have united to press the government to abandon its plans for more duty tax rises this year....
Drinks Americas, the US-based spirits group, has said it has completed its acquisition of Olifant Vodka....
Global Brands has signed a three-year listing at The O2 arena in London for its VK Vodka Kick brand....
The three leading distillers in the Czech Republic all reported a sales rise in 2008, indicating that global economic problems have yet to bite....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a strong rise in sales volumes for its third quarter....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends