UK: Maxxium brings “Absolut Summer” to UK market
Absolut Summer follows on from previous global gift packs Absolut Bling and Absolut Disco and has been designed using white plastic decorated with butterflies.
We're delighted to launch this as the first ever UK-specific Absolut Vodka gift pack," said Linda Phillips, brand manager for Absolut Vodka at Maxxium UK.
Absolut Summer will be available from August, through branches of Sainsbury's.
In addition Absolut Vodka is launching two limited edition cocktail shakers to encase bottles of Absolut Raspberri or Pears. They will be available from July, and will be sold through selected branches of Asda and Morrisons with an RRP of GBP14.99.
Earlier this month Maxxium announced plans to invest GBP4m (US$7.9m) to reposition Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Sourz brand in the UK as a "modern mixable spirit" and broaden its appeal amongst target consumers. The re-launch includes new-look packaging, a new flavour and a campaign entitled 'add some zing'.
Constellation Brands posted a 30% drop in third-quarter net income this week and lowered its profit outlook, hit by the effects of the global downturn on its major markets. Michelle Russell assesses r...
The economic downturn signals further bad news for the still wine sector, which has already seen contraction in established markets. However, Rob Walker, senior drinks analyst at Euromonitor Internati...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Wine, beer and spirits sectors in the UK have united to press the government to abandon its plans for more duty tax rises this year....
Drinks Americas, the US-based spirits group, has said it has completed its acquisition of Olifant Vodka....
Global Brands has signed a three-year listing at The O2 arena in London for its VK Vodka Kick brand....
The three leading distillers in the Czech Republic all reported a sales rise in 2008, indicating that global economic problems have yet to bite....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a strong rise in sales volumes for its third quarter....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets