UK: Maxxium, Beam Inc debut Red Stag ad
Red Stag by Jim Beam ad to air in UK for Christmas
Beam Inc and its co-owned distributor in the UK, Maxxium UK, have launched their first advertising campaign for Red Stag cherry-infused Bourbon in the country.
Maxxium will use an online advert to raise awareness of Red Stag by Jim among young people aged between 18 and 24 years, it said today (29 November). Under the tag 'a different breed of Bourbon', the ad will air between the end of November and January 2012.
The distributor, which is co-owned by Beam and Edrington Group, said that the Red Stag advert will aired via video-on-demand channels, such as Skyplayer, 4OD, ITV Player, Demand 5 and YouTube. It is expected to reach an audience of around 10m.
Maxxium UK's marketing controller for Red Stag, Eileen Livingston, said: "The roll-out of our new online campaign demonstrates our commitment to the success of Red Stag and bringing new consumers into the Jim Beam brand and the bourbon category as a whole." She added: "We chose to advertise Red Stag on VOD channels as it is the perfect fit for our target consumer."
To view the ad, see below.
Our whisk(e)y specialist, Ian Buxton, has had his head turned this month by a glut of flavoured whiskies. Or, 'spirit drinks', if you're a European....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends