UK: Maxxium appoints new CEO
The board of drinks distributor Maxxium has said it has appointed Ben van Doesburgh as chief executive of the company. Van Doesburgh took up this position on Monday 18 October.
Van Doesburgh joins Maxxium from Mattel where he was president, Europe, Middle East and Africa, with overall responsibility for the re-organisation of the group's operations in that region. Prior to Mattel, van Doesburgh held various senior positions at Procter & Gamble (1982 - 2000), culminating in his role as regional vice president of the Arabian Peninsula.
Jean-Marie Laborde, Maxxium's chairman, said: "We're delighted to have Ben join us. He brings considerable knowledge of branded consumer goods with particular experience in distribution and marketing, and a strong track record in operational management.
"We welcome Ben and look forward to his contribution to driving Maxxium's future growth strategy."
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future