UK: Maxxium appoints new CEO
The board of drinks distributor Maxxium has said it has appointed Ben van Doesburgh as chief executive of the company. Van Doesburgh took up this position on Monday 18 October.
Van Doesburgh joins Maxxium from Mattel where he was president, Europe, Middle East and Africa, with overall responsibility for the re-organisation of the group's operations in that region. Prior to Mattel, van Doesburgh held various senior positions at Procter & Gamble (1982 - 2000), culminating in his role as regional vice president of the Arabian Peninsula.
Jean-Marie Laborde, Maxxium's chairman, said: "We're delighted to have Ben join us. He brings considerable knowledge of branded consumer goods with particular experience in distribution and marketing, and a strong track record in operational management.
"We welcome Ben and look forward to his contribution to driving Maxxium's future growth strategy."
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research