UK: Maxxium adds two brands to portfolio
"Sambuca is traditionally seen as a generic category with low brand awareness. Maxxium UK aims to build the Vaccari brand focusing on its quality and style; targeting 18- to 26-year-olds who drink in mainstream style bars to drive value in the category and raising the profile of quality sambuca," the company said.
In a further addition to its portfolio, Maxxium UK has also acquired St. Rémy the world's number one French Grape brandy, which it said gave it a firm foothold in the growing French Grape Brandy category.
Maxxium UK marketing director Huw Pennell said: "The sambuca category is already growing fast, up 27% on last year. We believe there is a strong opportunity to take on and grow a sambuca brand within our portfolio.
"As we have demonstrated…we have a strong understanding of building shooter brands and will look to exploit Vaccari's full potential.
Pennell said the company continues to review its portfolio with the aim of making strategic additions in key areas where there is strong market growth and we it is not currently represented.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future