UK: Maxxium adds two brands to portfolio
"Sambuca is traditionally seen as a generic category with low brand awareness. Maxxium UK aims to build the Vaccari brand focusing on its quality and style; targeting 18- to 26-year-olds who drink in mainstream style bars to drive value in the category and raising the profile of quality sambuca," the company said.
In a further addition to its portfolio, Maxxium UK has also acquired St. Rémy the world's number one French Grape brandy, which it said gave it a firm foothold in the growing French Grape Brandy category.
Maxxium UK marketing director Huw Pennell said: "The sambuca category is already growing fast, up 27% on last year. We believe there is a strong opportunity to take on and grow a sambuca brand within our portfolio.
"As we have demonstrated…we have a strong understanding of building shooter brands and will look to exploit Vaccari's full potential.
Pennell said the company continues to review its portfolio with the aim of making strategic additions in key areas where there is strong market growth and we it is not currently represented.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts