UK: Maxxium adds to Sourz line up
The re-launch of Sourz, unveiled today (1 July), includes new-look packaging, a new flavour and a campaign entitled 'add some zing'.
The new packaging will be launch next month, and takes Sourz closer to mixable spirit competitors whilst maintaining the key features of the current design. The logo and packaging have been "contemporised" and now portray a mixable spirit for 21-35 year-old brand-conscious consumers of both sexes, the marketing and distribution company said.
The new flavour variant, Sourz Blackcurrant, comes two years after the launch of Sourz Cherry. The new flavour adds to Sourz Apple, Tropical and Pineapple flavours of the five variant range.
"Sourz is evolving," said Maxxium UK brand manager for Sourz, Mark Docherty. "The new packaging is like nothing else in the trade and our zingy new blackcurrant flavour is exceptional. We are investing heavily in extending the drinking occasion of Sourz and in turn broadening the appeal of our brand."
For our final interview of 2008, we're putting aside sales forecasts and market performances for a moment in favour of a personal reflection on one of the drinks world's most influential figures, Robe...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Maxxium UK has added a new figure to The Famous Grouse television campaign....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine is making changes to its marketing team, as it gears up to promote newly acquired Cruzan Rum in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks division of Fortune Brands, has appointed communications veterans Paula Erickson and Dan Cohen to its team....
Charles Heidsieck, distributed by Maxxium UK, has introduced a Vintage 2000 to its UK champagne collection....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China