UK: Maximuscle to sponsor British & Irish Lions
Maximuscle has been appointed as the official sports food and drink supplier of the British & Irish Lions rugby union team for the 2009 tour to South Africa.
Maximuscle will be providing products such as Cyclone, Promax, and Progain as well as the recently launched ready to drink range - Viper and Maxi-Milk, the company said today (7th April).
The British & Irish Lions collaboration marks the expansion of Maximuscle's involvement with national sports teams. Maximuscle is also the current sports nutrition supplier to Wasps, Gloucester, Ospreys and Fulham FC.
Rugby World Cup winner Josh Lewsey and Welsh International Shane Williams are also among the list of official Maximuscle ambassadors.
Lewsey said: "During my career, Maximuscle proved to significantly help me become a fitter, faster and stronger player."
James O'Shea, marketing director for Maximuscle, added: "We have a long history of working within the rugby arena - we want to continue this investment in the players and hope our commitment will help to secure future victories for the team. This is an exciting opportunity for Maximuscle to showcase the virtues of sports nutrition to anyone looking to improve their performance."
Maximuscle will add British & Irish Lions imagery to its new Viper RTD product and through an on-pack promotion that offers consumers the chance to win a trip to see the second Test Match in South Africa.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends