UK: Matthew Clark, UK's Largest Independent Drinks Wholesaler, Implements Manugistics Intelligent Solutions
Manugistics Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MANU), a leading global provider of intelligent supply chain solutions for enterprises and evolving eBusiness trading networks, has been chosen by Matthew Clark to help improve the drinks wholesaler's customer service and reduce inventory. Matthew Clark Wholesale, the United Kingdom's largest independent drinks wholesaler, supplies wine, spirits, beer, cider and minerals to the "on-trade" -- largely comprising hotels, restaurants, public houses and night clubs."We were very impressed with the speed of integration and the flexibility of the Manugistics team and its solutions," said Richard Peters, managing director for Matthew Clark Wholesale. "The software met our needs, without having to integrate a mass of new technology, and was within our budget. It is very encouraging to see improvements already in terms of customer service and how easily it was integrated into our current system."Implemented within three months, Manugistics' solutions have helped Matthew Clark achieve improved customer service and reduced inventory in the run-up to the financial year-end for the drinks wholesaler.Matthew Clark Wholesale, which operates out of thirteen distribution centers across the UK, had previously not used any supply chain or demand planning software. This purchase was part of the company's newly formulated long-term supply chain optimisation plan."This deal shows Manugistics' ability to provide customers with the right package in a short time frame," said Michael Christensen, Manugistics' vice president of strategic consulting, Europe. "Our ability to integrate into the existing systems allowed us to complete the implementation to maximise the benefit to Matthew Clark. The use of dynamic path management enabled us to fulfill the client's expectations within the confines of the available resources."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends