UK: Matthew Clark ties up with The Purveyor for online offerings
The company confirmed that the partnership will see around 200 wines and Champagnes from its wine list being made available to UK consumers to buy on the website from today (22 October). Until now, the wines have typically been available only in the on-trade in the country.
"This is an exciting development for Matthew Clark and is also a service we will offer to our customers for their clientele," said Christina Brown, Matthew Clark's director of wine. "We hope to extend this proposition into other market sectors and explore ways to make some of our exclusive wines available to the end consumers."
Adam Houlding, managing director of The Purveyor, added: "Matthew Clark represents the only partner for this exciting development in the wine industry. Offering the greatest breadth and depth in their range of quality wines, alongside the most dynamic supply chain management in the industry, Matthew Clark have the essentials to meet and exceed our customer's high expectations."
The deal will be officially launched at The Wine Show in London, which runs from today until Sunday.
Constellation Brands has said it will buy back US$300m-worth of shares....
Constellation Brands' European unit has said it is "disappointed" that a marketing agency has threatened it with legal action in the UK....
Foster's Group has appointed the ex-head of Constellation Wines in Australia, John Grant, as vice president of its California wine division....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research