UK: Mateus Rose undergoes contemporary facelift
Mateus Rosé, the leading European Rose brand in the UK, has unveiled its first repackaging in its 60-year history, in an attempt to make the brand more contemporary and give it better shelf presence.
The relaunch of the Portuguese wine will be supported by a marketing campaign by distributor First Drinks Brands, in efforts to re-stimulate interest in a brand that has gradually got drier in taste in recent years.
The new design for Mateus Rosé, which has annual sales in excess of 2 million bottles, includes a new bottle shape and a cleaner bottle label.
"The new Mateus bottle portrays a more contemporary design with a more compact shape, a taller neck, a new neck foil and a cleaner, less cluttered label. The overall design has less detail, and an increased prominence for the Mateus name significantly improves shelf stand-out.," a spokesman said in a statement.
The new packaging is being introduced across the range of bottle sizes - starting with the 75cl now and then following on with the smaller 37.5cl and 25cl mini bottle size.
Jon Evans, brand manager for Mateus Rosé at First Drinks Brands, said: "The Mateus `carafe-style' bottle is instantly recognisable, and now that this has been enhanced and improved with a more contemporary and premium feel, we are confident that it will stand out and appeal to the trade and consumers alike. This was certainly the case when it was first launched in the UK market nearly 50 years ago, and the impact has been such that it has left a lasting impression upon both the market and consumers."
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research