UK: Mateus launches GBP1.2m advertising campaign
Mateus is rolling out a GBP1.2m advertising campaign in support of a new variant, Mateus Rosé Tempranillo and the original Mateus Rosé brand.
Launching on national TV in the UK in July, the campaign will run throughout the summer months and is aimed at recruiting younger drinkers to the brand.
"During the summer of 2004 Mateus Rosé was the largest advertiser in the wine market, we are set to be even bigger in 2005 with a 20% year-on-year increase in marketing spend," said Paul Evans, senior product manager for Mateus Rosé at First Drinks Brands.
In a rosé market performing strongly, Mateus Rosé saw value growth of 42% between 2002 and 2004, the company said.
The TV campaign, expected to be seen by 37m adults, will be backed by a poster campaign and sampling.
Mateus Rosé Tempranillo will launch in Morrisons, Spar and Booker Cash & Carry, with a retail price around GBP4.99.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages