UK: Mateus gets fresh ad boost
Rosé brand Mateus will receive a fresh advertising push throughout August as the category continues to boom in the UK.
The brand, owned by Portuguese wine group Sogrape, will be the subject of a GBP1.2m (US$2.2m) TV ad campaign, targeted at 20- to 35-year-old drinkers. The ads, featuring a pink polar bear, will run during programmes including Big Brother and Hollyoaks.
"Brands are at the centre of the category's success and Mateus Rosé is the most iconic and well-known quality rosé brand in the world," said Helen Bull, brand manager for Mateus at its UK distributor First Drinks Brands.
She added: "We are confident that our significant level of UK investment this year will take brand awareness to new levels."
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends