UK: Mateus gets fresh ad boost
Rosé brand Mateus will receive a fresh advertising push throughout August as the category continues to boom in the UK.
The brand, owned by Portuguese wine group Sogrape, will be the subject of a GBP1.2m (US$2.2m) TV ad campaign, targeted at 20- to 35-year-old drinkers. The ads, featuring a pink polar bear, will run during programmes including Big Brother and Hollyoaks.
"Brands are at the centre of the category's success and Mateus Rosé is the most iconic and well-known quality rosé brand in the world," said Helen Bull, brand manager for Mateus at its UK distributor First Drinks Brands.
She added: "We are confident that our significant level of UK investment this year will take brand awareness to new levels."
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned