UK: Mast-Jägermeister targets off-trade boost
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new campaign to help UK shops boost sales of drinks designed to be drunk as a shot.
The UK unit of the German spirit brand said the 'Give It a Shot' initiative will help retailers think about how they sell the products. The company suggests that stores should feature a “party shelf” separate from their spirits fixture.
It is also urging retailers to stock a range of bottle sizes as sales of “fractional” bottles are seeing “double-digit” growth in the UK.
According to Nielsen data, cited by Mast-Jägermeister, the shot category accounts for 15.2% of UK on-trade sales, but only 1.4% in the off-trade.
The producer claims that if the off-trade's share of the shot category was to increase to half of the on-trade's share, this would equate to GBP284m, an extra GBP224m of sales.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD