UK: Mast-Jägermeister targets off-trade boost
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new campaign to help UK shops boost sales of drinks designed to be drunk as a shot.
The UK unit of the German spirit brand said the 'Give It a Shot' initiative will help retailers think about how they sell the products. The company suggests that stores should feature a “party shelf” separate from their spirits fixture.
It is also urging retailers to stock a range of bottle sizes as sales of “fractional” bottles are seeing “double-digit” growth in the UK.
According to Nielsen data, cited by Mast-Jägermeister, the shot category accounts for 15.2% of UK on-trade sales, but only 1.4% in the off-trade.
The producer claims that if the off-trade's share of the shot category was to increase to half of the on-trade's share, this would equate to GBP284m, an extra GBP224m of sales.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014