UK: Mast-Jägermeister targets off-trade boost
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new campaign to help UK shops boost sales of drinks designed to be drunk as a shot.
The UK unit of the German spirit brand said the 'Give It a Shot' initiative will help retailers think about how they sell the products. The company suggests that stores should feature a “party shelf” separate from their spirits fixture.
It is also urging retailers to stock a range of bottle sizes as sales of “fractional” bottles are seeing “double-digit” growth in the UK.
According to Nielsen data, cited by Mast-Jägermeister, the shot category accounts for 15.2% of UK on-trade sales, but only 1.4% in the off-trade.
The producer claims that if the off-trade's share of the shot category was to increase to half of the on-trade's share, this would equate to GBP284m, an extra GBP224m of sales.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts