UK: Mast-Jägermeister targets off-trade boost
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new campaign to help UK shops boost sales of drinks designed to be drunk as a shot.
The UK unit of the German spirit brand said the 'Give It a Shot' initiative will help retailers think about how they sell the products. The company suggests that stores should feature a “party shelf” separate from their spirits fixture.
It is also urging retailers to stock a range of bottle sizes as sales of “fractional” bottles are seeing “double-digit” growth in the UK.
According to Nielsen data, cited by Mast-Jägermeister, the shot category accounts for 15.2% of UK on-trade sales, but only 1.4% in the off-trade.
The producer claims that if the off-trade's share of the shot category was to increase to half of the on-trade's share, this would equate to GBP284m, an extra GBP224m of sales.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research