UK: Mast-Jägermeister targets off-trade boost
Mast-Jägermeister is launching a new campaign to help UK shops boost sales of drinks designed to be drunk as a shot.
The UK unit of the German spirit brand said the 'Give It a Shot' initiative will help retailers think about how they sell the products. The company suggests that stores should feature a “party shelf” separate from their spirits fixture.
It is also urging retailers to stock a range of bottle sizes as sales of “fractional” bottles are seeing “double-digit” growth in the UK.
According to Nielsen data, cited by Mast-Jägermeister, the shot category accounts for 15.2% of UK on-trade sales, but only 1.4% in the off-trade.
The producer claims that if the off-trade's share of the shot category was to increase to half of the on-trade's share, this would equate to GBP284m, an extra GBP224m of sales.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014