UK: Mast-Jägermeister launches distribution subsidiary
Mast-Jägermeister will launch its first independent distribution unit outside Germany
Mast-Jägermeister is setting up its first distribution subsidiary outside of its native Germany with current UK partner Cellar Trends as the firm ups its focus on the country.
The new UK company, which starts trading next month and will be called CTJM, will be a sister company of Cellar Trends. Around 50 Cellar Trends' employees will be transferred to the new subsidiary, Jägermeister said today (10 September).
The group also said there would be no changes to "existing supplier contracts".
However, once CTJM has been established, it will be transferred to Jägermeister.
The German liqueur group has also appointed the former MD of Russian Standard's European operations, Guy Lawrence, to run its UK unit after it has been transferred from Cellar Trends and is intending to set up a UK head office in the London area.
It is anticipated that Mast-Jägermeister UK will recruit extra staff to develop the brand and business in the UK.
The UK is now Jägermeister's third largest global market, the company said.
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory