UK: Mast-Jägermeister launches distribution subsidiary
Mast-Jägermeister will launch its first independent distribution unit outside Germany
Mast-Jägermeister is setting up its first distribution subsidiary outside of its native Germany with current UK partner Cellar Trends as the firm ups its focus on the country.
The new UK company, which starts trading next month and will be called CTJM, will be a sister company of Cellar Trends. Around 50 Cellar Trends' employees will be transferred to the new subsidiary, Jägermeister said today (10 September).
The group also said there would be no changes to "existing supplier contracts".
However, once CTJM has been established, it will be transferred to Jägermeister.
The German liqueur group has also appointed the former MD of Russian Standard's European operations, Guy Lawrence, to run its UK unit after it has been transferred from Cellar Trends and is intending to set up a UK head office in the London area.
It is anticipated that Mast-Jägermeister UK will recruit extra staff to develop the brand and business in the UK.
The UK is now Jägermeister's third largest global market, the company said.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review