UK: Mast-Jägermeister launches distribution subsidiary
Mast-Jägermeister will launch its first independent distribution unit outside Germany
Mast-Jägermeister is setting up its first distribution subsidiary outside of its native Germany with current UK partner Cellar Trends as the firm ups its focus on the country.
The new UK company, which starts trading next month and will be called CTJM, will be a sister company of Cellar Trends. Around 50 Cellar Trends' employees will be transferred to the new subsidiary, Jägermeister said today (10 September).
The group also said there would be no changes to "existing supplier contracts".
However, once CTJM has been established, it will be transferred to Jägermeister.
The German liqueur group has also appointed the former MD of Russian Standard's European operations, Guy Lawrence, to run its UK unit after it has been transferred from Cellar Trends and is intending to set up a UK head office in the London area.
It is anticipated that Mast-Jägermeister UK will recruit extra staff to develop the brand and business in the UK.
The UK is now Jägermeister's third largest global market, the company said.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"