UK: Mast-Jägermeister launches distribution subsidiary
Mast-Jägermeister will launch its first independent distribution unit outside Germany
Mast-Jägermeister is setting up its first distribution subsidiary outside of its native Germany with current UK partner Cellar Trends as the firm ups its focus on the country.
The new UK company, which starts trading next month and will be called CTJM, will be a sister company of Cellar Trends. Around 50 Cellar Trends' employees will be transferred to the new subsidiary, Jägermeister said today (10 September).
The group also said there would be no changes to "existing supplier contracts".
However, once CTJM has been established, it will be transferred to Jägermeister.
The German liqueur group has also appointed the former MD of Russian Standard's European operations, Guy Lawrence, to run its UK unit after it has been transferred from Cellar Trends and is intending to set up a UK head office in the London area.
It is anticipated that Mast-Jägermeister UK will recruit extra staff to develop the brand and business in the UK.
The UK is now Jägermeister's third largest global market, the company said.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research