UK: Mast-Jägermeister launches distribution subsidiary
Mast-Jägermeister will launch its first independent distribution unit outside Germany
Mast-Jägermeister is setting up its first distribution subsidiary outside of its native Germany with current UK partner Cellar Trends as the firm ups its focus on the country.
The new UK company, which starts trading next month and will be called CTJM, will be a sister company of Cellar Trends. Around 50 Cellar Trends' employees will be transferred to the new subsidiary, Jägermeister said today (10 September).
The group also said there would be no changes to "existing supplier contracts".
However, once CTJM has been established, it will be transferred to Jägermeister.
The German liqueur group has also appointed the former MD of Russian Standard's European operations, Guy Lawrence, to run its UK unit after it has been transferred from Cellar Trends and is intending to set up a UK head office in the London area.
It is anticipated that Mast-Jägermeister UK will recruit extra staff to develop the brand and business in the UK.
The UK is now Jägermeister's third largest global market, the company said.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research