Masi Agricola's Moxxe - Product Launch
Masi Agricola's Moxxe
Masi Agricola's Moxxe
Category - Wine, sparkling, Appassimento, 12% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, through Berkmann Wine Cellars
Price - GBP13.50 (US$19.50)
Amarone producer Masi Agricola has released its first sparkling Appassimento wine, Moxxé, as it targets Prosecco-drinking consumers in the UK.
The new release is a blend of Pinot Grigio (80%) and Verduzzo (20%) from the Stra' del Milione vineyards in the Friuli Venezia Giulia region. The Verduzzo undergoes a three-week 'Appassimento' to enhance its fruit-driven style, Masi Agricola said. Appassimento involves laying grapes out in drying lofts before vinification.
"The aim is to produce a sparkling wine at an accessible price point that reflects the fruitiness of classic Italian Prosecco, but in a style that is less sweet with more structure," Masi marketing head Raffaele Boscaini said.
Sparkling wine is in growth in the UK, and last week Manchester wine supplier Kingsland Drinks told just-drinks it had launched a new carbonated bottling line that adds bubbles to still wine. Kingsland said their research showed that most consumers "don't actually care" how bubbles are added to their sparkling wine.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts