FRANCE: Martell sponsors film festival
Martell & Co is to sponsor the 6th Asian Film festival, in Deauville, France, which takes place between 10th-14th March 2004. The partnership builds on Martell's association with the arts, following on from its support of the film festival in the US and its sponsorship of the French film festival in Russia.
The association will include a VIP sampling lounge, which will also play host to all the film personalities and international media.
"Asia is one of Martell's key markets, and the partnership offers the perfect opportunity to reinforce the popularity of Cordon Bleu in Asia," said Martell in a statement.
The five-day film festival is expected to attract over 40,000 visitors, with over 25,000 expected to enjoy the special film screenings. The festival is being promoted on national radio as well as via an extensive outdoor poster campaign in Paris.
International marketing director for Martell, Eric Benoist, said: "The Asian film festival is an excellent way for Martell to reinforce our commitment to the Asian market and demonstrate our ambitions for the brand. We are looking forward to entertaining businessmen and visitors to the festival in the true style of Martell.
Films from Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and India will be screened to compete for best film. Other official partners include Hermes and Air France.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK