Product Launch - UK: Marston’s Revisionist craft beer range
The 50cl bottles are exclusive to Tesco
Marston’s Revisionist range of craft beers
Category - Beer, abv ranges from 4-5%
Available - From this month
Location - UK; on-trade, Marston’s own pubs & free trade, JD Weatherspoons; off-trade, Tesco
Distribution - Marston's
Marston's has launched a range of beers into the UK on- and off-trade that it claims “revises” a number of traditional beer styles but is more accessible to consumers than some craft beers.
The seven beers in the range are: Lager, Steam, Wheat, Rye, Saison, Dark IPA and Red. These will be available on draught in the on-trade from keg and cask, and in 50cl bottles in an exclusive off-trade partnership with Tesco supermarket.
A spokesperson for Marston's told just-drinks: “The range provides brewers from across all five of Marston's regional breweries to have free reign to 'revise' different beer styles and deliver the different drinking experiences that consumers are searching for with the rise of the craft beer market. Crucially the brewers have all delivered more accessible, balanced beers, rather than some of the extremes of craft beer scene, which can see many a drinker nursing something that has cost them GBP4 to GBP5, never to buy again.”
UK brewers were given a boost last year, when the government scrapped its duty escalator for beer and cut tax by GBP0.01 a pint.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research