Product Launch - UK: Marston’s Revisionist craft beer range
The 50cl bottles are exclusive to Tesco
Marston’s Revisionist range of craft beers
Category - Beer, abv ranges from 4-5%
Available - From this month
Location - UK; on-trade, Marston’s own pubs & free trade, JD Weatherspoons; off-trade, Tesco
Distribution - Marston's
Marston's has launched a range of beers into the UK on- and off-trade that it claims “revises” a number of traditional beer styles but is more accessible to consumers than some craft beers.
The seven beers in the range are: Lager, Steam, Wheat, Rye, Saison, Dark IPA and Red. These will be available on draught in the on-trade from keg and cask, and in 50cl bottles in an exclusive off-trade partnership with Tesco supermarket.
A spokesperson for Marston's told just-drinks: “The range provides brewers from across all five of Marston's regional breweries to have free reign to 'revise' different beer styles and deliver the different drinking experiences that consumers are searching for with the rise of the craft beer market. Crucially the brewers have all delivered more accessible, balanced beers, rather than some of the extremes of craft beer scene, which can see many a drinker nursing something that has cost them GBP4 to GBP5, never to buy again.”
UK brewers were given a boost last year, when the government scrapped its duty escalator for beer and cut tax by GBP0.01 a pint.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends