Product Launch - UK: Marston’s Revisionist craft beer range
The 50cl bottles are exclusive to Tesco
Marston’s Revisionist range of craft beers
Category - Beer, abv ranges from 4-5%
Available - From this month
Location - UK; on-trade, Marston’s own pubs & free trade, JD Weatherspoons; off-trade, Tesco
Distribution - Marston's
Marston's has launched a range of beers into the UK on- and off-trade that it claims “revises” a number of traditional beer styles but is more accessible to consumers than some craft beers.
The seven beers in the range are: Lager, Steam, Wheat, Rye, Saison, Dark IPA and Red. These will be available on draught in the on-trade from keg and cask, and in 50cl bottles in an exclusive off-trade partnership with Tesco supermarket.
A spokesperson for Marston's told just-drinks: “The range provides brewers from across all five of Marston's regional breweries to have free reign to 'revise' different beer styles and deliver the different drinking experiences that consumers are searching for with the rise of the craft beer market. Crucially the brewers have all delivered more accessible, balanced beers, rather than some of the extremes of craft beer scene, which can see many a drinker nursing something that has cost them GBP4 to GBP5, never to buy again.”
UK brewers were given a boost last year, when the government scrapped its duty escalator for beer and cut tax by GBP0.01 a pint.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits