UK: Marston's ale secures England cricket tie-up
UK beer and pub group Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries has tied up a three-year sponsorship deal with the England Cricket Board.
W&DB's flagship ale brand Marston's has been appointed as the official beer of the ECB. The agreement will also see the brand support the England team as they defend the Ashes on their upcoming tour to Australia this winter.
England bowler Matthew Hoggard was also named as the brand's "official ambassador" when the deal was announced on Friday (18 August).
Alistair Darby, managing director of WDB Brands, called the deal a "fantastic breakthrough" in raising awareness of the brand across the UK.
He said: "It raises the Marston's profile even further across the length and breadth of England and Wales. This is hugely important in our ambition to grow not only Marston's Pedigree, but also Smooth, Old Empire and Burton Bitter."
Joe Bruce, head of sponsorship at the ECB, added: "The affinity of the heritage behind both ECB and Marston's is perfect and will open up many exciting opportunities."
Financial details were not disclosed by either party.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages