CANADA: Marnier-Lapostolle plumps for Diageo distribution
Marnier-Lapostolle Group has granted Diageo Canada sole agency rights for the distribution of Grand Marnier in Canada, the liqueur brand's second largest market.
The agreement also covers other Marnier-Lapostolle brands such as Loire-based wine Château de Sancerre and Chilean wine Casa-Lapostolle. With the exception of the province of Alberta, the deal becomes effective on 1 July. Alberta comes onboard in July 2009. Distribution had formerly been handled by a number of smaller local Canadian distributors.
Marnier-Lapostolle's North America COO, Emmanuel Cargill, said: "We felt that we had now reached a point for the national execution for our programmes, where we had to align ourselves with a coast-to-coast agent with a solid portfolio of premium spirits and wines.
"We felt that Diageo Canada share with us this culture for growing brand value and excellence in execution."
The Marin Institute has attacked alcohol companies in the US for failing to provide an adequate complaint system for advertising in the country....
Diageo has lined up the rollout of a limited edition variant from its Bundaberg stable in Australia....
Diageo has launched a 'nautical' extension of its Talisker Scotch whisky portfolio....
Constellation Brands has said that Andrey Grumondz will be the wine giant's first sales director to be based in Russia, as it looks to boost wine sales in the country....
The Glenmorangie Company has lined up the sale of its Glen Moray distillery in Scotland to French spirits company La Martiniquaise....
Cobra Beer has launched an additional variant for its Cobra Bite range in the UK, aimed squarely at females in the country....
Lehman Brothers, the fourth largest US investment house and adviser to several drinks companies, has collapsed into bankruptcy....
Heineken Ireland has said it will raise beer prices by 3% from October, as it and other brewers look to swallow rising costs....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report