US: Marnier Lapostolle picks Terlato Wines as Moet Hennessy tie-up ends
Marnier Lapostolle and the US arm of Moet Hennessy have concluded their distribution agreement for the former's Lapostolle and Chateau de Sancerre wine brands in the country.
The two companies said yesterday (1 May) that they have mutually agreed to end the deal, with Marnier Lapostolle handing distribution to Terlato Wines from 1 July. Moet Hennessy USA will continue to be the distributor for Marnier Lapostolle's Grand Marnier liqueur.
“We are grateful to Moet Hennessy for their partnership and dedication during the past 15 years in building all of our brands in the US,” said company president Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle. “We have built the Lapostolle and Chateau de Sancerre brands together, and thanks to Moet Hennessy's commitment, established their premium position in the marketplace.”
Moet Hennessy noted that Grand Marnier “remains a very important part of our business”, adding that the US will see two brand extensions, GM Titanium and Grand Marnier Cherry, launch towards the end of this year.
Terlato Wines will import and market the full range of Lapostolle wines, comprising the Casa, Cuvée Alexandre and Collection tiers. The Chicago-based company will also launch Canto de Apalta later in the year.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research