CANADA: Marnier-Lapostolle, Diageo renew distribution tie-up
Diageo first agreed a distribution deal in 2008.
Marnier-Lapostolle has renewed a deal with Diageo that gives the UK firm exclusive distribution rights to its brands in Canada.
Under the new three-year agreement, Diageo will act as sole agent for orange and Cognac liqueur Grand Marnier and the French group's other brands: Cuvée Louis-Alexandre, Cuvée du Centenaire and Cuvée du Cent-Cinquantenaire. The companies first agreed a distribution deal in 2008.
Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle, Marnier-Lapostolle's president, said: “The history of our partnership since 2008 has shown positive growth in value and sales, as well as a mutual strategy and priority in finding luxury brand opportunities for Grand Marnier.”
Canada is Marnier-Lapostolle's second-largest global market. The new deal will expire in June 2016.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends