FRANCE: Marnier-Lapostolle appoints new sales team
Grand Marnier parent company Marnier-Lapostolle has announced a new senior sales team.
The family-owned company has appointed Guillaume Villarabel as director for Europe.
Villarabel has been Northern Europe area manager for two years, following nine years with Coca-Cola Co in sales and marketing roles.
Shanghai-based Asia director Yves Coppin will move to Paris to become director for both Asia and Latin America from January next year. Coppin has worked for Marnier-Lapostolle since 2002.
Lionel Ehrmann has been named international key accounts, duty-free and international division manager.
The new team will report to executive vice-president Tom van Lambaart, who became head of sales and marketing at the company on 1 July. Van Lambaart replaced chief operating officer Claude de Jouvencel, who has retired after 42 years in the drinks industry.
Last month, Diageo announced that it has signed a deal to distribute Grand Marnier, the orange and Cognac liqueur, across Europe.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
New consumer research suggests a minimum price on alcohol may do little to curb drinking in the UK, as the industry gears up to face renewed pressure on drinks pricing in 2010....
A fire broke out at St James' Gate brewery in Dublin, home to Diageo's Guinness brand, yesterday (21 December)....
Sales of fine wine at auction house Christie's during 2009 were broadly level with 2008, as Asia helped to maintain demand during the global economic downturn....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future