Aus/UK: Marks & Spencer sign 2000-case deal with Australia's Evans and Tate
Marks & Spencer is initially taking 2,000 dozen bottles of the wines - a Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot and a Shiraz, both 1999 vintages, and a Western Australian 2000 unwooded Chardonnay.
Evans & Tate Executive Chairman, Franklin Tate, said that the deal would "greatly assist Evans & Tate in its quest to become a major supplier of 'buyers own brand' wines from the Margaret River region".
Companies: Evans & Tate Wine Group
Australian wine company Evans & Tate has suffered acutely as grape oversupply and weak exports have combined to hit the Australian wine industry hard. David Robertson reports on the company's woes and...
Evans & Tate has put its Oakridge winery up for sale as part of its plan to focus on its premium wine business....
Evans & Tate risks having to immediately repay A$20m (US$14.7m) to convertible noteholders....
Ailing Australian wine producer Evans & Tate has axed 20 jobs as part of a round of cost cuts it hopes will revive the business....
Evans & Tate has completed the sale of its bulk wine inventory but said it would work with consultants 333 Performance Management for a further three months in a bid to turn around the business....
Shareholders have demanded an apology from the former chief of Evans & Tate (E&T), according to local press reports....
Evans & Tate has appointed a new chief executive officer....
Evans & Tate may be investigated by the Australian authorities, according to local press reports....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages