UK: Marks & Spencer appoints winemaker
UK retailer Marks & Spencer has appointed winemaker Belinda Kleinig to its wine team.
Previously winemaker and technical manager for Bibendum Wines, Kleinig will take over from Gerd Stepp, who is turning his attention to his family's winery on the Mösel.
He will continue to work with M&S on a consultancy basis, a spokesperson for the retailer told just-drinks today (7 August).
Kleinig has previously held positions at Carneros Creek Winery in the Napa Valley and Hardy's Tintara in the McLaren Vale.
"The team is delighted to welcome Belinda on board," said Simon Allison, Marks & Spencer wine and drinks technical manager. "Belinda is a talented winemaker with a wealth of experience in UK wine market and she will play a significant role in developing our exclusive range with her enthusiasm, commitment and passion for wine."
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report