EUR: Marketing, innovation director Europe quits Diageo
The marketing & innovation director for Europe is set to leave Diageo
Diageo has confirmed a change of marketing & innovation director for Western Europe.
Edward Pilkington, the company's global category director for vodka, rum and gin, has moved across to fill the position, Diageo said yesterday (9 July). He replaces Matt Barwell who had held the post for just under two years.
Barwell is set to leave Diageo in September. He joined the company from Mars in 1998 and has been global marketing director for the J&B whisky brand and marketing & innovation director for Africa. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company said: "Matt has decided that it is now time to take on a new challenge in his career and, given his desire to be based in GB while his children are at school, will pursue these outside of Diageo. We wish him all the best for the future."
The switch took effect from 1 July, with Barwell staying on for a couple of months to “allow for a smooth transition”.
Pilkington joined Diageo in 1990 and has held roles including marketing & innovation director for Australia, as well as assuming the same position for Latin America and the Caribbean.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review