EUR: Marketing, innovation director Europe quits Diageo
The marketing & innovation director for Europe is set to leave Diageo
Diageo has confirmed a change of marketing & innovation director for Western Europe.
Edward Pilkington, the company's global category director for vodka, rum and gin, has moved across to fill the position, Diageo said yesterday (9 July). He replaces Matt Barwell who had held the post for just under two years.
Barwell is set to leave Diageo in September. He joined the company from Mars in 1998 and has been global marketing director for the J&B whisky brand and marketing & innovation director for Africa. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company said: "Matt has decided that it is now time to take on a new challenge in his career and, given his desire to be based in GB while his children are at school, will pursue these outside of Diageo. We wish him all the best for the future."
The switch took effect from 1 July, with Barwell staying on for a couple of months to “allow for a smooth transition”.
Pilkington joined Diageo in 1990 and has held roles including marketing & innovation director for Australia, as well as assuming the same position for Latin America and the Caribbean.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Beer in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
Wine in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research