EUR: Marketing, innovation director Europe quits Diageo
The marketing & innovation director for Europe is set to leave Diageo
Diageo has confirmed a change of marketing & innovation director for Western Europe.
Edward Pilkington, the company's global category director for vodka, rum and gin, has moved across to fill the position, Diageo said yesterday (9 July). He replaces Matt Barwell who had held the post for just under two years.
Barwell is set to leave Diageo in September. He joined the company from Mars in 1998 and has been global marketing director for the J&B whisky brand and marketing & innovation director for Africa. When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company said: "Matt has decided that it is now time to take on a new challenge in his career and, given his desire to be based in GB while his children are at school, will pursue these outside of Diageo. We wish him all the best for the future."
The switch took effect from 1 July, with Barwell staying on for a couple of months to “allow for a smooth transition”.
Pilkington joined Diageo in 1990 and has held roles including marketing & innovation director for Australia, as well as assuming the same position for Latin America and the Caribbean.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends