UK: Marketing director switch at William Grant & Sons
The UK-based company confirmed today (8 May) that Maurice Doyle is set to join William Grant in August, reporting in to chief executive Roland van Bommel.
Doyle replaces Steven Sturgeon, who left the company at the end of March to pursue interests outside the company, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
Sturgeon joined William Grant in 2005 as global brand director for its Scotch whisky brand Glenfiddich, before moving to become marketing director in 2006.
Doyle, currently MD of Bacardi Global Travel Retail, has been with the company for 17 years.
"With his extensive experience marketing premium spirits brands and strong commercial acumen coupled with his strong leadership skills and results driven innovative approach, Maurice will be a valuable addition to our executive team," said van Bommel.
"As group marketing director, Maurice will be responsible for the global marketing direction of our portfolio of core premium spirits brands, including Glenfiddich and Hendrick's Gin, and for new brand development and will play a key role in building the value of our brands over the long term."
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi has extended its social responsibility partnership with former motor racing champion Michael Schumacher....
William Grant & Sons, owner of Grant's Scotch whisky, has reported a strong sales rise for 2008, but warned of deteriorating fortunes for Scotch in 2009....
The Portman Group, the UK drinks industry self regulatory body, has issued guidance to help alcohol producers avoid inadvertently targeting underage consumers through digital marketing....
Bacardi has appointed a brand ambassador for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the North American markets....
Bacardi Brown-Forman has launched what it claims is its biggest marketing campaign for Southern Comfort in the UK in the run up to Christmas....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research