KOREA: Market continues to thrive for whisky
South Korea continues to perform exceptionally for the whisky industry , according to figures out in the local press today. Despite the tough economic conditions in the region, sales of whisky during the first ten months of this year jumped 13.5%.
The report said total of 2.92m boxes - with eighteen 500ml bottles per box- of whiskies were sold from January through October, which is compared with 2.58 million boxes sold during the same period of last year.
And the trend looks set to continue with sales up 18.9% in October. The report said that local analysts therefore expected sales to increase further towards the end of the year.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017