FRANCE: Marie Brizard to buy Chais Beaucairois
Following some weeks of negotiation, the French wines and spirits group, Marie Brizard et Roger International, and the supermarket group, Casino, have signed a draft agreement for the sale of the supermarket chain's wine subsidiary, Chais Beaucairois, to the Bordeaux-based drinks group for around €22.6m ($22.3m).
In addition to bottling wine, Chais Beaucairois, based in Beaucaire in southern France, also produces spirits and fruit drinks. The company, which employs 250 people, recorded sales of €153.9m ($151.9m) in 2001, around 20% of which came from export markets. Marie Brizard registered sales of €220.6m ($217.8m) in 2001.
Companies: Marie Brizard
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk