FRANCE: Marie Brizard sells sparkling wine arm
French wines and spirits group Marie Brizard says it has signed an agreement with Burgundy-based company Kriter-Patriarche for the sale of its sparkling wines subsidiary, Sorevi.
The deal, which takes effect from January 1, 2004, marks the latest stage in a re-organisation process that will see the Bordeaux-based group's business focussed on three activities - still wines, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks.
Sorevi has an annual output of just over 25 million bottles with its main domestic brands being Paul Bur and Pol Rémy brands and its Veuve du Vernay brand reserved for export.
For Kriter, the acquisition of Sorevi will strengthen its market position adding an estimated 25 million euros to the group's turnover.
In October this year, Marie Brizard sold two other subsidiaries - Florida-based Marie Brizard Wines & Spirits, USA (MBWS) and Les Caves de la Bouvraie - a sparking wines specialist - to Burgundy trader, Boisset.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets