FRANCE: Marie Brizard profit turnaround in 2003
Marie Brizard has posted its profit figures for 2003. The French wine and spirits group turned its net loss of €0.7m in 2002 into a net profit of €10.6m last year. This is the first year of profit for the company after three consecutive loss-making years.
Operating profit for the year rose by 36% to €19m.
Turnover for the company also increased last year, by 44.8% year-on-year to €377.9m following its acquisition of retailer Casino's wine division Chais Beaucairois.
The company attributed the impressive figures to its launches of new wine brands last year and the unseasonably hot weather last summer.
Going forward, Marie Brizard expects profit growth to continue and is considering further expansion.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research