FRANCE: Marie Brizard profit turnaround in 2003
Marie Brizard has posted its profit figures for 2003. The French wine and spirits group turned its net loss of €0.7m in 2002 into a net profit of €10.6m last year. This is the first year of profit for the company after three consecutive loss-making years.
Operating profit for the year rose by 36% to €19m.
Turnover for the company also increased last year, by 44.8% year-on-year to €377.9m following its acquisition of retailer Casino's wine division Chais Beaucairois.
The company attributed the impressive figures to its launches of new wine brands last year and the unseasonably hot weather last summer.
Going forward, Marie Brizard expects profit growth to continue and is considering further expansion.
Blavod Extreme Spirits has added Cockspur Rum to its UK distribution stable....
French wine and spirits group Belvedere has reported a 14% rise in revenues for 2005, according to local reports....
French vodka producer Belvedere has said its presence in Western Europe and the US will be strengthened after sealing an agreement to buy spirits group Marie Brizard & Roger International....
Belvedere is expected to announce its takeover of French counterpart Marie Brizard tomorrow (21 December)....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research